Simon By Himself:

Homeward Bound

May 6, 2014 | By

Well, it’s time to say goodbye America – for the time being at least. It has been a lot of fun and a successful tour in so many ways. Above all, I believe I’ve developed my show and moved up a gear in my ability to interact and live in the moment from the stage. I’ve been clean, even to the point of wearing nicotine patches instead of smoking – all this giving me a new lease of life when it comes to performing. My new album, Denial has been received so well and I thank all those who posted comments and sent their messages of support. The album still rides high at number 2 on the new releases ‘adult alternative’ chart on Amazon.

I’ll be back – I have a plane to catch….

Category: Simon's Blog

About the Author ()

Artist, musician, singer songwriter, guitarist and blogger.

Comments (9)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Lance Burns says:

Just ordered Denial from CD Baby, can’t wait to hear this, the first album was brilliant.

I will play LOUD.

Good luck Simon.

Kind regards

Lance

2. Lee Ann Iagmin says:

Thanks for a great intimate show in San Diego (front row…yay!). You are an amazing musician and am really enjoying your new album. Best of luck and health to you. Hope to see you again soon!

3. patricia2plant says:

yea Simon!

4. Don D says:

Heartfelt performance in Minneapolis despite your illness, Simon. You were the consummate pro and delivered the goods to the very end. I sat with a contingent of Chicago area fans who drove six hours to see you again. Have dug you since Moving Target blew me away on vinyl. Very touched! Keep it clean, man, and come back again!

5. Francesca Whelan says:

We in the States just adore you and your incredible music. Your new album is nothing short of a masterpiece; best of luck to you and much continued success! I remember telling you in Denver in 2013 that you were on an upward spiral; glad to see it has come true! Come back soon! xo

6. Ron Stephen says:

Hey Simon,

Trying to get a message to thank you once again for carrying that package of photos from the cruise around with you for 9 days and then giving them to me in Ann Arbor. That is an act of kindness that I will cherish for a lifetime. Your concert was awesome and now my son has become a real fan too. I’d love to know that you received this email somehow. I’d love to send you pictures of my den displaying all of the pictures of you that you beautifully signed along with Roger’s pictures. A friend I met on the cruise, Kim McCall, says she talks with you on Facebook. I’m going to send her some pictures and maybe she can forward them to you. You made quite an impression on my son with your music and being so genuine. Take care Mate. Ron

7. Kim says:

Hey Simon, great show in Phoenix, next time Tucson too, okay?

Looking forward to THE WHO tour, including YOU.

Best, KK, AZ, USA

8. Peggy G says:

Thank you! Btw, I got the job I interviewed for on the same day that I saw you live. I was listening to the new album when I got the news.

9. Anna Maltais says:

Safe trip, Simon. Can’t wait for you to come back!